Thursday, August 27, 2020

How Long Does It Take?

I told John that when you are supposed to be somewhere at a certain time, you need to leave home before that time, like as long before as it takes you to get there. 

His response?

How long does it take me to get to the pool?

It happened. Also, John does not even own a watch.

I swam 2,100 straight because he was so late I did not want to stop and do intervals. Besides, I had to go to work at Moorhead and thus needed out of the pool by 6:00. That's about when John gets there.

I did my tour of duty. Then I met Simon at Home Front to get some lumber. He is going to build us a new gate to replace the chain link gate that Pee Wee goes over like it's a wonderful game. Poor pooch has had to be chained for several weeks now. When we get the gate built-- Simon is going to make it six feet high and double sided-- Pee Wee will be free to rule his backyard again.

By the way, if you are thinking of building anything out of treated wood, don't. Since we finished the fence, the price of treated wood had nearly tripled. I guess COVID has put trees under stress.

After that, I took a much needed nap. Then I went out for my evening run. Having done legs on Monday, and doubled up on push/pull Tuesday, I was gym free Wednesday. I shuffled for 4.68 miles. The cats and I rested the remainder of the night. Yes, I did open my Canvas and answer student questions before I went to bed. I am never off anymore.

Praise God anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment