Monday, August 3, 2020

Another Drive to Centerville

It is the highlight of my week, the fifteen-mile drive to our little church in Carroll County. We see things along the way. Some of the visual stimuli we receive include birds, rabbits, deer, sheep, birds, snakes, squirrels, and butterflies. 

Over three years ago, we were crossing a small bridge on a gravel road in the delta when Penny yelled out that she saw an alligator. Since then, every single week we stop on the bridge and look. For. Three. Years. Every. Single. Week.

Penny thought I didn't believe she saw a gator. I did. I had already heard of the gator that lived in that ditch. Anyway, she would comment from time to time that she really did see one. Then Sunday, we stopped as usual. "Do you see anything?" she asked. 

"Yes, there he is," I shouted as I reached for my phone only to discover I had left the phone at home. "Your phone," I said excitedly. "Give me your phone," I pleaded. 

She did. It took me a few seconds to get a shot as the gator was making his way under the roadway. So I got a picture, a piece of one.

This was all I got.
Besides the alligator, we saw the sheep. And butterflies. We saw lots of yellow butterflies. It is a lovely drive to a lovely little church that is attended by lovely people. Come visit us sometimes. Centerville Baptist. Airport Road.


Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment