Friday, August 14, 2020

Bugs Killed

For anyone who has never done it, working from 8:30 until 4:00 is tough, real tough. Yeah, I know. Poor baby.

I swam 2,100 straight meters. John was not late. He didn't show at all for the second time this week. The good news is, I think we have the pool cleaned out of those dinosaur bugs. Dinosaur bugs? Yeah, those huge things with pinchers big enough to slice you finger off. I killed two Tuesday and threw two more out but those got away. While I was on deck, I notice four smushed ones. Then I killed another one Wednesday, and John went on the hunt and found and killed one more.

Those things are ugly, creepy, and aggressive. At least I can out swim them. How do I know? Because one came after me and tried to catch me and I beat him to the other end of the pool. I saw him on the bottom coming my way and when he got close he started swimming towards me. I put it in high gear and looked back to see the gap growing between us. Nice to know.

After working all day, I had to take a nap before going out for workouts two and three. Workout two was a Plate City abbreviated bench session. I pressed

14 X 100
10 X 120
  6 X 140

I did a few facepulls and some rotator cuff work before heading out for number three.

Number three was a gentle run of 3.19 miles. It was about 6:30 by the time I did this, and I was amazed at how cool it is that time of day. Compared to running in the late morning or early afternoon, it was like fall or early winter.

So I got another three during Hades week. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment