Sunday, August 23, 2020

Saturday Long Run

John and I met at the pool around noon. I swam 

1,000
14 X 100 @ 2:30 (I was faster than the last time)
300 medium paddles
total: 2,700 meters.

I then went home and took a nap. Later, around 3:30, I went out for a shuffle.  The goal was to run at least six miles, preferably eight. I had a maybe goal of ten. I went out Wade and Money Roads and came home with 14.33 miles the most I have run in over four years.

The weather cooperated. Although I ran in the heat of the day, the high was 88. That is pretty warm, but light years from 93. The humidity was low and  by the time I finished, the sun was low and it actually felt cool to me. Praise God.

One hope I have is to run some marathons this winter. Some of these 14ish runs now are necessary to build the kind of endurance I will need.

I had a big leg day scheduled, but after 14 plus that was a no no. I will try to do it Monday which will mean it is only postponed not cancelled. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment