Sunday, August 16, 2020

Saturday

Penny and I had not been to Jackson since February. Or was it January? We went Saturday. I had planned to get up and lift. I did not do it. Cats and coffee took over.

When we got to the big town, I noticed that Play It Again Sports was still closed. I hate that. After dropping Penny at her stores, I made my way to Academy Sports in Madison. I wanted to purchase some weight collars. But I did not find any. Not only did I not find any collars, I did not find a single weight plate. Not. A. One. Usually, they have a vast supply. COVID has even impacted that. With gyms closed, all the exercise equipment has been bought up.

I was, however, able to purchase some Gu and a new handheld hydration device. The Gu was much needed and something I cannot buy in Greenwood unless I do it online. 

After I did my shopping, I went to Friendship Park and shuffled 1.32 miles. Then I went back to Penny's stores and waited for her to finish. When she came out, I took her to another store, and then we went to Cracker Barrel for supper.

It was still pretty early when we got home, about 5:30. I took a nap and then went to Plate City. I did legs, eight sets of squats, a set of leg presses, and even some shoulder work. Saturday was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment