Sunday, August 9, 2020

About Right

"Your buddy's not gunna make it," Jimmy said looking at his watch.

"He'll be here. You heard him carry on so about what time," I said because Jimmy was on deck when John and I discussed what time to meet. "He wanted to know what time I would be here so he could be late," I added with no exaggeration.

Jimmy works for Twin Rivers. He was scooping bugs off the pool while I changed watches getting ready to do my 100s. I had already warmed up with 19 minutes of swimming after starting eight minutes late. I had done four of the 100s before John showed up. About right.

I swam

800
12 X 100 @ 2:29
200 small paddles
total: 2,200 meters

I don't always swim on Saturday morning. But when I do, John is always late.

Running was off the agenda, I having already put in a good week. Lifting was not off the agenda. I only had legs to do. I did ten sets of squats but the volume was low, the reps ranging from five to one. I also did calf raises, leg extensions, and revers hypers. That capped off a solid week of training. I'll give you the wrap up tomorrow.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment