Tuesday, August 4, 2020

John Is Back

John was twenty-three minutes late. I know that is an old line, but you haven't read it in awhile. John has been out for a variety of reasons the latest of which was the installation of a pace maker. He was cleared Friday to swim. He pressed and pressed and pressed to get me to swim Saturday, but I refused. We were supposed to meet at 6:00 a.m. Monday morning. I was 1,000 meters into my practice before he showed up. Some things never change.

I went 4,100 straight before I tapped out. I stopped because I felt a twinge in one of my pectoral muscles. That is sort of like a runner feeling it in a calf. Is it all about to shut down? It's amazing how much chaos a little muscle twinge can throw into the mind of an endurance athlete.

As bad as I hate getting up early, it is nice to have something major done before breakfast. I went home and drank coffee, petted cats, and updated this blog. Then it was time for roadwork. I only did 3.59 miles, much of it on the Yazoo River Trail. The Hideout gives me easy access to the trail which I am growing very fond of. It is shady, soft underfoot, and scenic. What's not to like?

I went to Monroe in the afternoon, then went back to the Hideout to rest and lift weights. Since it was bench day, the mental instability created by a mild feeling in my chest was still shouting in my ears. I pressed

17 X 102
14 X 107
13 X 112
12 X 117

I did not feel the pec in a negative way at all. I did two sets of Viking press and three sets of face pulls. My muscles were smoked after the swim and that. A good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment