Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Slow Start

Since I teach in Moorhead on Mondays and Wednesdays, my time in the pool was truncated. Not only that, but John did not call Sunday night which I knew meant he was not coming. He doesn't trust me to be where I say I am going to be when I say I am going to be there despite the fact that for the past six years, I have always been there and on time.

What else is new?

I swam 1,300 straight and then got out to go home and get ready for work. I taught three classes, then worked registration until 4:00. When I got home, I took a nap before I could muster the energy to hit Plate City. It was my shortened bench day. I pressed

19 X 102
14 X 112
12 X 117

I also did cable raises and some other stuff including a set of triceps push downs: 27 X 30.

After that it was time for a run. I took an easy 4.05-mile shuffle. It did not take long to notice that the humidity was much lower than it has been. While the temperature was 90 degrees, the feeling was like fall, like October. I decided in Needed to watch the local weather at 10:00 and see what is going on. The weather person said the dew point was 69. Most people call a dew point of 65 and over "oppressive." However, when the dew point drops below 70 here, we think the seasons have changed for the better, that we have gone from summer to fall. I luxuriated in the dryer air.

So I got three workouts in, all of them truncated, but three short ones are better than a poke in the eye any day of the week. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment