Monday, February 22, 2021

2/15 - 2/21

Despite the difficulties, God blessed me with another good week of training for the Great Geezer Run for Diabetes. Monday I got out in the snow and ice and shuffled 2.34 miles. Not only that, but I made my way to the pool despite the poor condition of the roads. In the water, I did 3,299 meters. Because of the extreme cold, however, I skipped the gym.

Tuesday the weather was even colder. Nevertheless, I ran for 7.25 miles on the ice, then went to the pool for 1,690 meters. Afterwards, I sucked it up for a session at Plate City.

Wednesday, I was back sliding on the road for 6.24 miles. At the pool, I hit 3,107 meters. At the gym I hit the legs. Thursday I managed 4.37 miles of roadwork, 3,016 meters of pool work, and I don't know how many tons of weight work, but I did some.

Friday was the most treacherous day of all for running. The roads were so slick that I cut the run to a mere 1.34. At the pool, I was still in a cutting mood with only 2.010 meters. The gym did not happen because of time constraints.

Saturday, I went out Money Road and ran between the tall mounds of snow and ice. It was real. It was fun. It was not, however, real fun. Cars would come along and splash me with icy cold water. My feet got wet. The glare was so bright I could hardly see. Still and all I did 8.73 miles. Then I hit the gym like I was mad at it.

I finished the week with:

13,127 meters of swimming,

four sessions of lifting in the gym, and 

30.27 miles of running.

That is not bad training, and I am on track for the Great Geezer Run for Diabetes. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment