Thursday, February 25, 2021

It Is Here

It came in. The sled. I was on the porch waiting for the UPS man at 7:00 p.m. He did not get there until 7:30. But first, let me recount the rest of the training. 

I met John at the pool. Yes, he was late. I swam a mere 1,200 yards and tapped out. Being tired from the 9.35 miles I did Tuesday, I had little energy to swim long or hard so I did neither. 

At home, I went out for my shuffle both hoping I would and would not see the UPS truck. The tracking info online said the package was on the truck and out for delivery. I knew if I saw a UPS truck anywhere near the Hideout, that I would turn around and go home without finishing the roadwork. That did not happen, however, so I finished my scheduled 2.68 miles.

Back home again, I lounged some and listened for a truck. You can hear those trucks from a long way off. Not that they are loud, but their sound is distinctive. Finally, failing to hear a truck, I went to Plate City for some light leg work. I am taking my 20-rep squat set up by five pounds each week. I started with 50 pounds. Yesterday I did 65. That made me breathe a little harder. 

After lifting, I went outside and waited on the porch. Eventually, I became discouraged and went back in. After a few minutes indoors, I heard the truck. My sled had arrived. 

Pictures and descriptions will follow in latter posts. For now, let me just say that I put it together and pushed it up the street. This is going to be a huge help in getting me ready for the Great Geezer Run. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment