Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Bouncing Back

I determined that my shameful performance Saturday at the Mississippi River Marathon and Half will be my motivation for my comeback, my return, my redemption. I will turn my 3:20 half into a 3:15 half at the Viking or bust. OK, the real goal is sub 3:00. 

Monday after work, I went to the pool. John was late, of course. I swam

100 (Stopped to talk to Robert about the new backstroke flags. Yes, we have new ones and they are both pretty and nice.)

1,350 25:31

4 X 50 back (Thank you, Lord!)

4 X 50 breast/free @ 1:53 (That looks easy on paper, but for me is tough.)

4 X 50 @ 1:16

250 medium paddles

total: 2,500 yards = 2,285 meters.

I took a shuffle, my first since the Great Humiliation. I did 4.14 miles in a slow pace, but I forced myself to go just a bit faster than I normally do. When I finished the run, I played with my newest toy. Last week, I ordered and received a plate loadable wheel barrel from Titan Fitness. I put it together Friday night, but the River plus the rain plus Sunday has kept me from playing with it until Monday afternoon. 

I put two thirty-five pound plates on it and pushed it .1 of a mile. I liked it. My traps were feeling it at the end. The plan is to use it daily until I settle on a good workout weight then I will put it into the rotation for once or twice per week. 

When I finished that, I went inside and talked with my bride for awhile. Then I went to Plate City and hit the weights. Since everything got thrown out of order last week, I did pulls instead of pushes. My last push session was Saturday. That left only one day between so I did pulls having two days between. On the landmine row, I pulled

21 X 35

14 X 57

10 X 67

9 X 77

8 X 32

I one-arm rowed

5 X 60

4 X 65

3 X 70

2 X 75

I did other stuff: lat pull downs, the reverse fly, and the constant corator tuff stuff. All in all, it was a solid day of training. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to playing with the wheel barrel again today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment