Friday, February 5, 2021

Glorious Thursday

Thursday was glorious like it always is. It's our Friday at MDCC. Not only that, but I work in town and I am off pretty early. The weekend starts at 1:20 on Thursday afternoon. What's not to like? 

I ran some errands. I paid the taxes on the Hideout. Ouch! Then I filed for homestead exemption. After thirty minutes or more in that office, I left with a hand full of paperwork that has my name wrong. Ten out of nine people cannot spell H-O-D-G-E after I spell if for them and remind them that is only five letters. Life would be much easier if I got my last name legally changed, but that would dishonor my dad, and I can't do that.

I made it to the pool. John did not call. If he does not call, he is not going to swim. That makes two days in a row. When he does call, it ticks me because he thinks I am like he is. He does not believe I will show up if he does not hear me say it that day. And he always makes a big deal about what time. That does more than tick me. That enrages me because he is always late. We have swum together two to six times per week for the last eight and a half years. Do the math. He has been on time four times. Four times. And when he was on time, he always makes it up by being an hour or an hour and a half late the next time if he comes at all.

I swam

1,350

300 medium paddles

200 large paddles

total: 1,850 yards = 1,690 meters.

You may have noticed that the swimming has been on the downturn lately. Several reasons for that. One, without swimming Chicot this year, some of the urgency is gone. Two, without a date for the State Senior Olympics so far, all of the urgency is gone. Three, my focus is on running right now because that is what I plan to do in May for the DFM fundraiser. So I am swimming, but I'm doing it in an uninspired fashion. Mo and Joe have left town. I don't know when or if they are coming back. They meet up with me when I do roadwork, but at the pool, they are like John: gone without a word.

Speaking of running, I did not do any of that Thursday. Penny and I never eat out on Thursday night. But Junior said something about us going out the weekend. He mentioned Friday or Thursday. I told him Thursday would be better because Penny buys groceries this Friday. So we met at Hilltop. I had the big steak. It was good, yeah.

We met at 6:00 so I did not run nor did I lift weights. That is OK. With two days off the legs, they should be fresh for Saturday's half marathon at Greenville. Thank you, Jesus, that work is good again, training (swimming excepted) is in full stride, and Penny is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment