Thursday, February 4, 2021

Swim Day

I got back in the water Wednesday and that was nice. Not only that, but I saw an old swim mate from the DSU Masters crew, Tabatha Whitten, who is now a member of Twin Rivers. She lives in Sumner and things have changed at DSU since Ronnie Mayers retired and our coach Cagri moved away. With Ronnie, we had our run of the place, and with Cagri we had top-notch coaching. I still hear his voice and sometimes even feel his disapproval when I train alone: 

   "Faster. Faster. Faster." 

   "Don't breathe off the wall." 

   "Only breath every ninth stroke." 

   "Kick, kick, kick." 

   "Every third 50 fast."

You never get away from your coaches.       

We swam

1,000 20:18

brick kick

4 X 50

200 medium paddles, multi paced 3:26

150 medium paddles, multi paced 2:35

300 small paddles 5:42

total: 1,850 yards = 1,690 meters.

When I got home, I changed clothes and went for a run. I stopped after 2.7 miles. I felt pretty decent for having maxed the squat the night before. In fact, the residual fatigue was a little less than a normal workout where the volume is much higher.

At Plate City, I petted Pee Wee, enjoyed the dark, and pushed some weight. It was bench night on a Wednesday for the first time. I pressed

15 X 100

  7 X 120

  5 X 145

  5 X 145

  5 X 145

  2 X 150

  6 X 120 narrow grip

Then I did 12 dips and three sets on the triceps machine. All in all, it was a good day and night. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment