Saturday, February 20, 2021

Roadwork was treacherous Friday morning. I went for my shuffle about 11:00 a.m., and the footing was the worst I had experienced all week. The snow and sleet were now ice, and the abundant sunshine had the ice wet. It was as slick as owl doo doo out there. I was only planning two or three miles. I made my way back to the Hideout in a little over one. Yeah, it was that bad. When I crossed Poplar, a glance north revealed a pickup truck in a ditch and a long string of cars stranded in the road. 

Yes, I did get out to go to the pool. By then the ice on most of the roads was slush. The temps never got about freezing, but the sunshine was working magic on the ice. I swam

2,050 

3 X 50 back

total: 2,200 yards = 2,010 meters.

At home, Penny suggested we pick something up for supper. Normally we dine out on Friday evening. I told her we had to order early because when all that water and all those ruts refreeze, the roads will be impassable. We ordered pork chops from the Crystal Grill. They were good, yeah. 

No, I did not lift. There was not time between my swim and picking up supper. After eating, everything related to Zane Hodge shut down, including CC my sweet cat. She had me pinned down the rest of the evening. Almost everyday, I thank God for that cat. She gives me lots of love. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment