Friday, February 19, 2021

The snow training continued Thursday with a run out the gravel road. It was cold and cloudy out there. The footing was the worst it has been since our snow apocalypses hit. On the formerly gravel road, I found a good track so I went back and forth and forth and back on it. I finished with 4.37 miles.

At the pool, I thought about doing a straight swim and did go for 2,900 before I stopped. Within that, I did some pickups, some back stroke, and even a length of breast. Then I did a brick kick and topped it all off with some paddle work: 200 medium paddles and 200 large paddles. That added up to 3,300 yards which converts to 3,016 meters. 

Plate City was magical. Icicles decorated the edge of the top. The overcast sky in the fading sunlight made a strange backdrop to the huge tree limbs coming out of my neighbors yards. A flock of geese passed overhead, unseen but not unheard. A lighted window below a snow covered roof wisped me back to my boyhood, to an old image from an ancient Outdoor Life magazine. Pee Wee played while I lifted. He is a sweet boy, and between sets he would come warm my hands with his hound hide. All of this filled my soul while blood filled my latimus dorsi as I performed the lat pulldown for


28 X 50

15 X 65

15 X 67.5

15 X 70

10 X 70

Also I did revers flys, shrugs, seated rows, dumbbell curls, and stretching. I have not done curls in months. I am adding them for the Great Geezer Run for Diabetes. I know from experience that running as many hours per day as will be required will lead to fatigue even in the arms. Yes, it's true. A stronger muscle is a more durable muscle. So I have added the curl and the shrug onto what I was already doing to give me more fitness to achieve the challenge.

Life is good. Thank you, Jesus, for helping me stay productive during this trying time.

No comments:

Post a Comment