Monday, February 15, 2021

A Hard Day in Bed

Sunday wore me down like a hound. I was shot like a coon dog that had run his prey all night long. I don't know what it is about staying in bed all day that is so exhausting, but I slept all night and then some. 

I got up at 6:06 to use the bathroom. That is the time I usually get up to go to work. I went back to bed. I went back to sleep. I went back to dreaming. I slept until 8:30. Let's recount what I did that produced such fatigue.

First, I stayed in bed all day Sunday. I got out of bed twice to peer out the window. I got out maybe four times to use the bathroom. Other than that, I never got up. We called church off due to the weather. My school closed campuses today and Tuesday due to the weather. My sermon was already finished. So second, I did not work on a sermon. Third, I did not grade papers. Fourth, I did not do anything. Nothing wore me out.

Does nothing wear you out? It sure does me? Let me know in the comments below, please. Have a good one. Stay inside if you can. Thank Jesus for a warm house.

No comments:

Post a Comment