Thursday, February 11, 2021

Bouncing Forward

Wednesday was another nice one for me. John didn't show up at the pool, but I swam

1,500 29:16

750 for time 12:42

100 medium paddles 1:52

5 X 50 back

100 medium paddles 1:54

total: 2,700 yards = 2,467 meters.

After the swim, I did 3.07 miles of roadwork. The legs were pretty flat from Tuesday's longish run. When I finished the run, I added another five pounds to the wheel barrel and pushed it .16 miles. 

Then it was time for Plate City. Since I maxed out a week ago, I am restarting my leg work. This cycle will focus on endurance and unilateral work to aid me in the Great Geezer Run for Diabetes. One of my good friends asked me yesterday what I am training for. "You change with every blog," he told me. Sorry if I confuse you. There are always short-term goals, like the upcoming Viking Half, but the big goal for now is the run to Ridgeland. Everything I do from here on will be to aide me in accomplishing that. 

I did 20 X 55 on the squat. That might not sound like much, but I plan to add five or ten pounds per week until the 20-rep squat set becomes a lung-busting, lactic acid dumping set that will translate into 5K to 100-mile running performances. Also, eventually, I will reduce the leg work to once per week as the road mileage rises. Everything is about getting ready for this year's fundraising run.

Thank you, Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment