Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve, I was still ill. Consequently, I pondered long and hard over whether or not to run to Hillbilly Heaven as I had planned earlier in the week. Around noon, however, I strapped on my hydration pack and headed out the door. 

It was not a good run. I never found a groove or got a high or ran well or smooth and certainly not strong. But no run is a bad run. I shuffled for eight miles before I stopped for a walking break. Yeah, I was weak like that. No, I did not run up the big hill. Even walking that monster is a chore. I arrived at HBH with 12.02 miles of running, and 2.39 miles of walking. Just what I needed for my ill body.

Mostly I lounged on the couch after that. Danny said he'd bet $1,000 that I had Omricon. One thing is for sure. I ain't going for a test on Christmas day. I am home it bed now. Penny has gone back to HBH. I decided not to expose everyone again. I know. It's like closing the barn door after the horses are out. But maybe it will help them and me. Maybe. I will try to take some naps and . . . .

And? I will try to sneak in a mile somewhere. I don't feel like a step, but you know my illness. I have to do something.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Stay safe, and if possible, stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment