Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Training with a Partner Again

My training partner showed up again Tuesday morning at 5:30 a.m. Yeah, that is early for me too. Especially two days in a row (for any students reading, I know that is a fragment). But there is something really neat about seeing God birth a new day. And when the workout is over, you have a big task completed, and it is still very early.

What's that? What did we do? We did pulls. We started on the chest-supported row machine. But then it began to rain. While we soaked in the sounds of the rain hitting the "tin" roof, we decided to switch to the one-armed bent row because the other machine is outside of the roof. So we did rows, lat pull downs, the Swim Pull, and some biceps work. Then I went inside about the time I normally get out of bed. 

Around mid-morning, I went for a run. I headed out Hades Road and did some side stuff (not too much because the turnrows were wet) and came home with 4.34 miles. Speaking of running, there is a half marathon is Grenada Saturday. The problem is the weather forecast is calling for rain. I want to do it, but . . . . 

I went into the pool about 3:00. John was a no show. I swam 4,400 straight in 1:24:08 for a 1:54 pace. Yeah, that is not too bad for me, and that was my longest swim since last summer. I felt good, strong, smooth. I only wish I could feel like that running now, but it looks like those days might be over. 

Penny and I went to the Greenwood Chorale at the Presbyterian Church:00 p.m. We saw Davo there. He had a knee replacement. I saw him about a year ago walking with a cane, and he was not walking fast. He used to be one of the best endurance athletes in town, but age has done a number on him.

What's that you say? Age has done a number on me? Shut up!

Anyhow, Davo is walking well now. I found out through a mutual friend that Dave only had a partial replacement so his recovery was swift and complete. Well, it was good to see him and see him moving well.

It was a good day with three training sessions in the books, the bank, the body. Thank you, Jesus, and bless little Centerville. May our worship Sunday be "in spirit and in truth," may our fellowship be sweet, and may the Word of God feed your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment