Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Training Partner Back

My training partner is back from his Florida vacation, and he showed up right on time Monday morning. We did our push workout. I benched

  20 X 50
  10 X 72
  6 X 100
  3 X 130
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  CG Incline
  13 X 100
  11 X 100

We also did the seated row and corator tuff stuff. We capped the workout off with 2:00 on the Ski Erg. I am working that back into the programming. 

I told him about my fundraising plans for the summer, about the new sport I am creating, about how I will be the world champion. "You'll win your age group," he said. "When are we doing this?"

Wow. When I told him about catfish pond swimming, he got excited and wants to go. I told Penny that it's like God gave me Randy Beets back. Randy was the only one who would swim the ponds with me. He helped create the original Chicot Challenge. And anything crazy I could dream up, he wanted to do it. This guy is the same way, up for whatever crazy stuff I can come up with. 

Later in the morning I went for a shuffle on the turn rows off Hades Road and ended with 6.44 miles. Now, if I could just find the water.

I did find the water and went for one hour and thirty-three minutes straight getting 4,700 yards. Hey, that made a day. A strong gym session, a good run, and some big yards in the pool. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment