Tuesday, December 7, 2021

More Treadmill Running

I have run on the treadmill three of the past four days.

What?

Yeah. File that under Strange but True.

So what gives?

What gives is the fact that I have been enjoying the gym so much that I have not wanted to leave it to run. So I have been doing it all there, the strength training and the aerobics. As you know, Plate City has been under renovation. Pictures are coming soon. Last night when I got home from the pool . . .

Wait. Tell me about the pool.

OK. I started training. Real training. I did my usual long warmup of 1,350 yards. Then I did a couple of no-breath 25s. After that, I busted out a set of 10 X 100 @ 2:23.

That is training. How fast? Did you swim them all out?

No. I swam them at about 85%. They averaged under 1:40 each. Not bad for having done no speed work in months. But the interval was long. I will, however, start cutting it down over the next few weeks. Then I did a few more no-breath 25s followed by a long cool down. I finished with 3,100 yards, my longest practice in twelve weeks.

Nice. The gym, let's go back there.

Well, I cleaned up and moved things around. I changed the treadmill so that when I get my TV installed, I will run facing it. It was bench night so I pushed

  20 X 50
  10 X 72
  6 X 105
  3 X 130
  4 X 140
  4 X 140
  4 X 140
  4 X 140
Then I did two sets of close grip incline benches and one set of seated dips.

And the running? Tell me about the running.

I did that between sets. I think I took six short runs totaling 2.28 miles. Not only that, but I did some cycling for six minutes and forty five seconds. It was a solid night of gym enjoyment. One day, three workouts, much joy. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment