Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Tough Tuesday

Tuesday was endurance day, not by design but it just worked out that way. Monday I did a set of 100s in the pool, my first such set since early September. Tuesday I opted for a straight swim and went 3,350 yards in 1:05:55. All that was after giving exams and chasing after wandering sheep students.

I went home and since it was getting pretty late, I waited on it to get dark. When it did, I headed out the door for a run. I was thinking four miles when I left but sometimes things happen. I went out Hades Road. There was just enough light that I was not afraid. Anyway, I just shuffled and shuffled and finally went home with 7.43 miles in the bank. 

Yeah, not bad. I had had thoughts of running again at Plate City, but I figured I needed a continuous run instead of five or six little .3-mile things that I do on the treadmill between sets of lifting. Well after working, after a 3,350 yard swim, after a 7.43 mile run, what do you think I did when I got home the third time for the day? You guessed it: nothing.

Yeah, I had thoughts of the gym, of lifting, of cleaning up, of moving things around. But the late hour and the state of my fatigue won out. So here I am waiting to go back to school after telling my students over and over and over that I was going into the Witness Protection Program Tuesday afternoon. And I already know one of the students whom I have made numerous attempts to contact will complain, go all the way to the president, and I will be hunted down and told to take care of the situation.

Not this time. I might deal with it when I get back for the spring semester, but not before. I refuse. I am going to be off a little. God help me. I just want a little time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment