Friday, December 17, 2021

Easy like That

There is no doubt about it. John is angry with me. He has been a no show for three days in a row. How dare I have a difference of opinion. Not only that, but CC has been giving me the treatment. A few days back, she climbed up on top of Max's bird cage and turned her back to me. That meant that her face was about three inches from the blinds. When I went to the bathroom, she repositioned so that her back was still towards me. Sigh.

What did you do to her? 

Nothing. The other cats got too close, and she will not have it. So I guess I'm just a bad man who can't play well with others.

Playing, what playing did I do yesterday? 

I thought you'd never ask. First, I went to Plate City to do some painting, cleaning, lifting, and waiting.

Waiting?

Yeah. Sudenlink was supposed to be there sometimes from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. to install the cable in Plate City. The TV is bought. The TV is waiting. I am waiting.

They didn't show?

They did, one hour late and without a work order to install the cable.

Huh?

My thoughts exactly, huh? I went over and over and over and over this on the phone with whomever I talked with.

So what did the tech do?

He handed me a box and left.

What now?

I called back and talked to Matt for a long time. They are supposed to come back Tuesday sometimes between 8:00 and 11:00.

With a work order to install the cable?

I sure hope so. If not, I might try to do it myself. That could wind up knocking the whole neighborhood out of cable.

So you've had a tough week, what with John and CC and the cable company,

Except for the cable company, not so bad. I have not had to deal with John for three days in a row, and although I love CC sleeping on my chest, I rest better when she does not.

What else happened?

I did a little shuffle on the road, 3.11 miles.

And you went to the pool?

I did and swam 4,450 yards straight.

Good swim.

Yeah. Good swim, good day. And guess what? CC greeted me when I got out of bed this morning. She came running, meowing, and wanting love.

And you gave it to her.

Yeah. I'm easy like that.

Don't stop.

I can't. It's just me. Thank you, Jesus, for CC and Plate City and John even. But let him be mad one more day to give me a good end to a full week.

No comments:

Post a Comment