Friday, December 10, 2021

It's Beginning

Thursday started off like I was off work. I picked up my old friend Danny, and we went to Acy's for breakfast. We do that from time to time. The breakfast there is ausgezeichnet. So are their burgers and po'boys. Make the short drive sometimes and treat yourself and a friend or your wife. Stay away from the sweet tea, though, unless you want to develop diabetes. I watched the cook make it for about the fourth time now. By volume, it is 50% sugar. 

I always order three eggs over easy, grits, a sausage patty, two pieces of toast, and coffee. We chatted and ate and even talked about predestination/human freedom. Strangely, Danny did not argue but instead acknowledged that my points were something he is going to think about. Huh? Well, he has been sick. Normally Danny is brutal in an argument and loves to do it. Is this some sort of new beginning for us? 

I did not go to the gym all day. I was busy. My run was short, 2.31 miles on the levee and the Yazoo River Trail. Then at the pool, my swim was not stellar. I did a straight one-- 2,850 yards-- at a creepy slow 2:07 per 100 pace. I don't know why I was that unfast. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I had not swum on Thursday since the summer. Yeah, once the semester started with a Thursday night class, my swim frequency took a direct hit. The most consecutive days in a row I swam all the fall school term was three. Yesterday made four and my muscles protested.

I did not have time for Plate City because we had our Ministers' and Wives' Christmas Banquet. We met at the Kilmichael church, and I had to get home from the pool and get ready in a hurry. We had a nice time, and it really feels good to be beginning to get back to some sort of normalcy. 

Thank you, Jesus, for a good day. And thank you that 'it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas/All over town.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment