Monday, October 12, 2020

10/5 - 10/11

My training has definitely shifted and that shift will move even farther this week. John called and said that his doctor told him that swimming in the morning was killing him. Seriously. I think they are still monitoring his heart and can see that he is not getting enough rest. So if he is not getting enough rest, what does that mean for me? Yeah, I have been trying to tell him that. Well, to make a short story long, we are going to start swimming in the afternoon. This is a double-edged sword for me. While I welcome more time to sleep in the morning, this will jam up my afternoons, and John will want to take thirty minutes after we stop swimming to goof around. He will try to get me to stay at the pool all day. There is going to be conflict.

Monday, I swam 1,850 yards. John was late. In the afternoon, I shuffled 7.12 miles. The gym was just too much so I passed until Tuesday. Tuesday, I started the day with a 2,000 yard swim. I followed that with a 6.17 mile shuffle. I did make it to the gym for some bench pressing.

Wednesday John did not show up. Little wonder. I swam 2,050 yards. For road work, I did 5.16 miles. At the gym, I focused on pulling. Thursday, John was there. I swam 2,150 yards. That afternoon, I ran 4.16 miles and then hit Plate City for a bunch of sets of squats, eleven to be exact.

Friday I spent with my bride. I stuck a short 1.61 mile shuffle in there. Saturday was a slow-start day. I did run for 6.14 miles, giving me only my second back-to-back 30 mile week of the year. I also lifted. All in all, it was a restful day of cats and football.

For the week, I

ran 30.36 miles,

swam 7,346 meters,

lifted weights four times, and

spun 10:45.

That was pretty good training. Now we have the Viking Half Marathon coming up. That will challenge my volume for the week, but I plan to try to get another 30-mile running week done. We will see. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment