Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Post Big Week

The week after the 34-mile run week has started. Not with a bang, but not with a whimper either. At the pool, John was late. I swam 1,850 yards in 36:20. I am liking this new reduced swimming. It seems to be saving me a little bit of energy. Or so I thought. By the time this day was over, however, I realized it was not saving me enough.

Monday is one of my Moorhead days. After I left there, I went back to Greenwood and stopped at the CSpire store. I have run out of workable charger cords. I bought three. Then I went by the post office, mailed two letters, and sent off a Chicot Challenge T-shirt to Minnesota. After those errands were done, I went to Greenwood Utilities to pay my light bill. For some reason, I have for the past forty-three years paid that one in person. Then I stopped by my dentist to deliver him a check and to make an appointment. I have an issue. The receptionist asked if I could stay. I could, did, and they gave me a temporary fix. The real fix will take place weeks later.

Although Monday and Wednesday are my early days, by the time I finished all of that, it was late and when I laid down, I went to sleep. By the time I awoke and started getting ready to run, most of the afternoon was gone. I got out of the house around 5:00 and shuffled for 7.11 miles. That is a pretty good start for the week, and when I got back, Penny was already cooking hamburgers for supper. I was hungry and did not want to wait, so Plate City sat quiet for the day. That means I will have to do double duty Tuesday. I am up to it.

Thank you, Jesus, for an enjoyable and productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment