Sunday, October 25, 2020

COVID 5

College football and lifting at Plate City. What's not to like. 

I felt good, like I am well. I am, however, still being very cautious about getting too tired. I just keep upping the workout by a hair or two each day.

Saturday, I started my usual way, rotator cuff stuff and stretching. Yes, I am still working the tibia dorsi machine everyday. I did five sets, the most I have ever done. Not only that, but I did dumbbell curls and for the first time in a while, farmer's walks. The farmer's walk is a favorite of mine, but for a long time I had wasp nests in my handles. They are clear now so I sort of started over. I walked

2 X 85 feet @ + 5

2 X 85 @ + 10

2 X 85 @ + 15

2 X 85 @ + 20

The handles are 52 pounds each. When I say + 5, that is plus five pounds per side. In other words, the first set was with a total of 114 pounds, then 124 pounds, followed by 134 and 144 pounds respectively. That is not a lot of weight, but I am sort of rebuilding this move because it has been so long since I last worked it.

Not only did I do all of that, but I walked .43 of a mile. It was cool out there. It felt good. Pee Wee liked me being out. I went in feeling well, like I had done something my body needed.

I feel like I am on the way back. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment