Tuesday, October 13, 2020

First of the John Week

Monday was the first day of the new week. By new week, I mean the new week to do it John's way, swimming in the afternoon. We always do it John's way or at least part of his way. He always wants to change things. Always. I can't, I just can't. 

I shuffled to the pool, swam, and shuffled home. Of course John was late. I made 2.03 miles there and then swam 2,200 straight. On the way home, I shuffled another 4.32 miles giving me 6.35 for the day.

At home, I decided to do legs because I benched heavy Saturday not leaving me enough time for recovery. Besides, I am doing the Viking Half Saturday so I need to get my hard leg stuff over with so I can at least get a little bit fresh for the weekend. I did twelve sets of squats. What!?!?!?! Yeah, twelve sets. Not many reps though, but a good bit of quality work in that 80% of one rep max zone.

I can tell that I am getting stronger even though I have not tested in a while. I might go ahead and build up to a test week. When will this strength pay off and show up in my running? Probably when I lose some weight. So I had a pretty good day. John did not try to hold me up at the pool. Who woulda think it?

Thank you, Jesus, for good training and good goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment