Sunday, October 4, 2020

Nice Saturday

 After doing what I wanted to do Friday, I pretty much did that Saturday also. I slept in until around 7:00. Then it was slow play, coffee, cats, studying. Late morning, I took a short shuffle going a mere 1.45 miles. The legs did not feel too bad considering I went 15.36 the day before. 

After that, it was time for football. This is the season that has been on my mind since we moved to the Hideout in May. I have been eagerly anticipating October with its great weather and college football. The first three days of the month have not disappointed.

I did go to Plate City. It was time for pulls and light leg work. On the pull, I performed a single set of lat pull downs before switching to the Swim Pull which I have not done in months. On the latter exercise, I did three sets of ten reps at 53 pounds. That was after a set of 33 reps of 50 pounds on the lat pull down.

For the legs, I did a single set of Zercher squats, three sets of leg extensions, some calf work, and a set of framer's carries. I only did one down and back on the farmer's walk because of wasps in my handles. I thought I had them killed out. I killed more. Now I think they are clean. I hope they are because I yearn to get back to a full workout of walks. Those things are great, hitting all the muscles and providing some conditioning as well.

After the gym, I went to Monroe. Penny was already there. We moved some more yard stuff and some rocks. Penny did some cleaning. After five months, we still are not totally moved. 

Saturday was a nice day. It would have been even nicer had Mississippi State won its football game. Arkansas had a really good game plan. And our quarterback threw a touchdown pass for them which was the margin of victory. Sigh. Maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment