Saturday, October 10, 2020

A Good Day

Penny and I both slept in Friday. She took the day off, and we made a day trip to Jackson. So no I did not swim. No, I did not lift. Yes, I did run. A little, just a little.

On the way in, we stopped at The Bicycle Revolution in Gluckstadt. I was looking for a light weight rain jacket. The zipper broke on the one I bought at Indian Cycle about thirty-five years ago. The bike shop there didn't have one. 

In Jackson, I dropped Penny at her store, and I lit out for Fleet Feet. They did not have one either. Then I went to Academy Sports. I found a rain jacket, but it was not as light weight as the one I had. I liked it because I could stuff it into a small pouch on my Fuelbelt. This one wasn't going to do that. Plus it was dark colored, not a good idea for running in traffic. I almost bought it, but I thought I should check Indian Cycle first.

Cha Ching!!! They had exactly what I was looking for. It cost a wad of cash, but I am 64-years old. If this one lasts thirty-five years, I will be 99-years old, and it won't matter.

After my purchase, i went back to Penny's store and took a short shuffle in the parking lot. Then she came out, and we went to Cracker Barrell. We had lunch, Penny shopped, and I bought candy. It was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment