Friday, October 2, 2020

Take It Easy

Sometimes I really do take it easy. Thursday was one of those days. Since I had a big day planned for Friday, Thursday was scheduled as a recovery day. The recovery started, or actually continued, in the pool. John is chomping at the bits. For me, it is the off season for swimming. Yes, I will still swim, but my focus has shifted to running and strength training now that all of my swimming events for the year have concluded. I swam

50 

50

50

1,400 28:48 (2:03)

total: 1,550 yards

Why the 50s? you ask. I was fooling with my watch.

Thursday is always a long day at work. I taught my four classes. When one of my students showed up for Old Testament, she told me, "Daddy said your dumbbell is ready."

Huh? Daddy? I had some plates at Leflore Steel to be used to make a heavy dumbbell of one-arm bent rows. Only after she said that was I able to connect the dots. She is Donny Cleveland's daughter. Wow. Small world.

So I left the school, went to the post office to mail two letters. One letter had a nice check to the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi, and then it was to Leflore Steel to pick up that dumbbell. 

It looks like palace. And it is heavy. At seventy pounds, I can do a lot with it. Besides rows, I can use it for suitcase carries, suitcase holds, and I can just admire it, gaze at its massive size. Plate City just took a step forward.

Yes, I ran but not much. In anticipation for Friday, I only shuffled 1.68 miles. That should allow my legs to come back a little so maybe I can enjoy my long run tomorrow.

The weather was pure fall for the first day of October. After the run, it was time for the gym. I did bench presses, but due to laziness, I performed no assistance exercises. On the bench, I pressed

16 X 100

12 X 120

  4 X 140

  4 X 140

  4 X 140

  1 X 140 paused

I will for the next few months hammer the strength aspect of my lifting. Last week, I was off from upper body because of Chicot. Nevertheless, I picked up where I stopped then and even added a rep at 140.

I had a good day. Pee Wee was happy while I lifted. Now I rest. Friday I run. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment