Thursday, October 1, 2020

After Chicot Three

 John called the day before and wanted to meet earlier than our agreed upon 5:00 a.m. That is after he failed to show up at all. What do you think happened Wednesday morning? No, he was not late. He did not show up at all. Want to bet he calls and wants to meet very early Thursday morning?

I did the straight swim thing, the short version. I swam 1,500 yards in a tremendously slow 31:40. That makes a 2:06 pace if you are wondering. Actually slower than that because my watch threw in an extra 25 yards so the average was off. As per the pace, you can see that Saturday beat me up pretty badly. I am, however, feeling better.

When I got home from work, I lay down with the cats and went sound to sleep. Then I got up and ran out the gravel road at the end of East Claiborne. I went out there because with the miles I have put in and the squats I did yesterday, I did not want to be seen doing the old-man shuffling that I knew would be all I could do. I managed another 4.64 miles bringing my total up to 16.16. For the year, I think that is my record for a Monday through Wednesday. 

I am on pace to have a big run week. That is my goal, to set my record high for the year this week and then break it over and over and over again in the upcoming winter months. The weather is unbelievably wonderful for running. Last year we were still having 100 degree days at the time in September. This year fall came early and for real. 

I had planned to do a little bit of light stuff at Plate City. But the front lawn needed mowing and when I finished that, Penny and I sat on the back patio of the Hideout. The day felt delicious, and the view of our neighbors huge trees rising above our Randy Beets' protection fence was one of life's simple pleasures that we both soaked in and thanked God for.

Friday I have plans for a mild adventure run. It will be the first real Friday I have had off. Last Friday I was off, but I was compelled to try to rest for Chicot. This Friday I sleep late and play. Bring it on.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment