Monday, October 12, 2020

This Afternoon

I should be grading papers. But I'm not. Instead, I am typing here about nothing in particular. Writing is sometimes what I do when I don't want to do anything else. I have plenty of work on my list, but I often want to do something enjoyable. Yes, writing is enjoyable to me.

I just checked the weather. My Comp II students are drafting the introductions to there second paper. On my way to work this morning, the clouds were on the ground. We here in the Mississippi Delta, are at approximately 130 feet above sea level. The clouds were on the ground. Now the sky is clear, the temperature is mild, and I want to go outside and play.

By the grace of God, I will play some this afternoon. I plan to swim. Right now, I am thinking of running to the pool and then running around North Greenwood after the swim. I know that I will have conflict with John. First, he is going to want to swim for an hour and a half. I am tapping out after an hour. Then he will stall to waste time. He will want to talk. Then he will want to pray and interrupt me while I pray over and over to tell me about something to add to my pray. Yes, this irritates me.

I like this idea of running to the pool and running afterwards. It will, however, soon get too cold to do this. Right now, though, the weather is perfect for it. I can put my clothes on without drying off and then be OK outdoors because the temps are still mild. Maybe I can get John to drive my out Money Road and drop me off. Slim chance unless I wait on him to take a long shower. John is all about taking a lot of time to do things that don't take much time. That grinds on me after a while.

Anyway, I look forward to this afternoon. I hope to run and swim and lift. If I can do all three, it will be a solid day. Thank the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment