Monday, October 5, 2020

9/28 - 10/4

The first week after Chicot reflected the new reality, new emphasis that I am making in training. My swimming was way down and the running way up. Lifting, on the other hand, was somewhere in the middle.

Monday I swam a mere 1,350 yards. After work, I shuffled 6.23 miles. And then I hit the bench at Plate City. Also, I am spinning, not much, but some several days per week. I hope that over time this will add to my fitness and improve my running while giving me at least a modicum of bicycle fitness. Time will tell.

Tuesday I swam a whopping 1,450 yards. I even shuffled 5.29 miles making two pretty good run days in a row. I then hit the gym for squats, ten sets worth, and some other stuff.

I crept the swimming up to 1,500 Wednesday. The road work was still a respectable 4.64 miles. I intended to lift, but you know what they say about the road to hell.

I took it easy, truly, Thursday, with 1,550 yards in the pool and an easy 1.68 on the road. Why so short of a run? Because I was planning a big one Friday, and I thought some rest might do a body good.

I did go long Friday. Originally, I had planned to run to the Barrentine's, but I called first and found out that they were going to be out of pocket. So I went out Money Road, my old standby. I shuffled 15.36 miles. Since the weather was cool and I am beginning to develop some endurance, it was not an overly hard effort.

Saturday was an easy day of coffee, cats, study, and football. I took a short shuffle of 1.45 miles. Also, I did some mild work at Plate City. 

For the week, I

ran 34.65 miles (new weekly mileage record for the year),

swam 5,390 meters,

lifted weights four times, and

spun 17:00 minutes.

That was a pretty good week and one that will move me towards my upcoming goals. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment