Sunday, October 18, 2020

The Zero Continues

Saturday was a tough one for both Penny and me. I could not get comfortable and stayed in bed most of the day. I said "most" because I did go out to get tested. That was an ordeal that took an hour and a half. When I left the clinic, I was exhausted. 

The big thing about this for me, however, is the soreness. The nurse practitioner asked me what my number one symptom was. Soreness. I am so sore that I want to cry every time I move. I have been sore with sickness before, but this is on a whole 'nother level. This is a soreness that hurts, is painful.

At least there was football, but alas, the Mississippi State game caused me some additional pain. Alabama beat Georgia. That's something. And then there was the big fight, free on ESPN. I watched the first six rounds before I went to sleep. I woke up in time to see Lopez holding all the belts.

I did sleep well so I awoke Sunday morning feeling about 1% better. To make things even darker, however, Gerald Johnson was in a work accident Friday and is a bit wounded with a broken arm and contusions. Have mercy on us, Lord.

So little Centerville is closed this week. That is something I was determined to avoid. But sometimes you just can't win. That's what I learned from this year's Chicot Challenge. Thank you, Jesus, for every victory we have in you. We have all the victories that count, the ones we need. The losses are for our admonition and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment