Friday, October 9, 2020

Thursday

John was at the pool and on time Thursday morning. Of course he wanted me to commit to swimming Friday which I refused. I swam an easy 2,150 yards, called it a day, and went home to prepare for work. Work was nice. I love my job. There is talk of us going back to normal next semester. By normal I mean, only teaching a class one time. It always makes me nervous, however, when administration makes sense. I wonder what is going on. When you are administration, being stupid is what you do.

After work, I went home and went to sleep. When I got up, it was raining. I went out for a shuffle anyway and did 4.something miles. I ran some of the trail and then went downtown. I love running Howard Street now. The curbs are all wheelchair accessible, the sidewalks are covered in brick, and music plays from outside speaker, all of this making for a pleasant experience. 

After the run, I went to Plate City for leg day. I busted it hard. Slowly I am growing stronger in the legs. I did eleven sets. The reps were low so it was not as much as it sounds, but I did some quality reps at that 80% threshold of one-rep max. It's working.

Penny cooked us a steak in the kitchen. She wanted to cook them outdoors, but the rain squashed that. It was nice. We are comfortable and happy at the Hideout. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment