Monday, October 28, 2019

10/21 - 10/27

I am beginning to do real buttbeetsing training again. Monday I swam 2,879 meters and ran 4.13 miles. Not only that, but I lifted weights. Tuesday I got some real quality into the swim when I did a 4 X 200 set in the midst of 2,924 meters. This is the kind of swimming I have been reticent to do. Now I have a reason, a need, for some tough water work. I ran 15.03 miles that afternoon and lifted more weights.

Wednesday I sort of lapsed into the lazy lane with 3,000 yards but no real tough stuff. I  ran 1.17 miles in the Alley workout I did. Thursday, however, I moved back into the fast lane with a 5 X 200 set inside of a 3,100 yard total. I dropped the turnaround on the 200s by a second. I ran an additional 3.12 miles that afternoon and lifted more weight.

Friday is always a big day. I did the virtual meet against Randy. Although I lost, this will work for my good. I am not going to continue to lose. We swam a 250, and 100, and a 650 for time. I totaled 3,300 yards. It was terribly rainy and cool. I went to Twin Rivers and ran 7.65 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights.

Saturday, John and I went to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama verses Arkansas game. That mean I did not do any training. For the week, however, I

swam 14,394 meters,
lifted weights five times, and 
ran 31.1 miles.

Next up is the 5K at Vardaman. I hope to win my division there. The last 5K I did was in 29:54, I think. I hope to beat that by at least thirty seconds. I have three thirty miles running weeks and a lot of weightlifting in my legs since then.

Thank you, Jesus, for good health and the opportunity to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment