Saturday, October 5, 2019

Friday

Friday was a big day. It's always a special one for me. First, I met John at the little pool at 6:30. Why the little pool? Randy Beets and I had a virtual race set for 500 yards short course so we went to the short course pool. I swam

1,100 easy
50 build
500 for time (7:16.81)
600 small paddles
total: 2,250 yards = 2,056 meters

Jay Unver is doing a write up on the race.

I then went home and got ready to run. I was on the road at 8:39 which was 21 minuter earlier than last week. I wanted a longer outing than last week's 12 miles. The temps were about the same, but the forecast was for a lower high than a week ago. Also, there were a few clouds in the sky.

A couple of miles in, I had not been touched by the son. When I got to the railspike park where it was hot and sunny last week, the sun had still not hit me with its full force. In short, it was much cooler and that coolness made for a much more fun run. I enjoyed myself and shuffled for 14.01 miles. That is a long run right there; I don't care who you are.

I took a bath, then some nutrition, then a nap. I really did not feel like Plate City, but I did it anyway. It was pull day, and I did T-bars, pull ups, chin ups, and the Swim Pull. So that is a pretty good day: a swim, a long run, and some gym work. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment