Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Early Start

I got an early start on the week Monday morning. At 4:51 a.m. I was stroking my way south in the Twin Rivers pool. I already knew John had a doctor's appointment and would not be there. I also knew I had a solid two hours to swim so I just swam without sets. At 2:00:09 I stopped with 5,500 meters in my arms. Not a bad beginning to the week.

After work, I did some yard chores, lifted some weights, and petted some dogs. At Plate City, I focused on the bench press. I pushed

13 X 95
8 X 105
8 X 105
8 X 105
8 X 105

Overhead dumbbell press

10 X 25
4 X 30

Triceps pushdown

28 X 30
20 X 32.5

After 5:00 I took a slight shuffle. I kept it short and easy because Tuesday and Wednesday are our MDCC 5Ks, and I want to be fresh for them. I ran 1.64 miles.

It was a nice day, and we are moving closer to our cool down. It is supposed to be only 91 Friday and cooler after that. In other words, several days into October is supposed to be a cool as early September. For a long time I have thought that our weather was one month off. I would believe that the calendar is wrong except for the sunset and sunrise. June was a cool as May usually is, hot but not killing hot. September has been as hot as a normal August. October is opening up like a typical September. I don't mind. When it cools, I will enjoy it that much more. Thank you, Jesus, for the heat, seasons, for life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment