Saturday, October 12, 2019

First Saturday

Friday is first Saturday. Although Penny was off and she bought groceries early in the week, we did not go to Jackson. We didn't even go out to eat Friday night as we almost always do. So I met John at the little pool at 10:00 a.m. for workout number one. It was the day of the Virtual Meet with Randy Beets. Jay Unver is doing an article on that, so I will only give the numbers here. I swam

1,100 10:46 (1:53)
200 for time 2:47
225 easy
50 for time 36:76
125 easy 
100 for time 1:22
175 easy
500 hard (not so hard really) 8:22
650 small paddles
total: 3,100 yards = 2,833 meters

Workout number two was a ten-mile run. When I began the shuffle, the temperature was 84 degrees. When I finished the run, the temperature was 62 degrees. Lovely. I threw in three single miles at a harder pace. It was an enjoyable run and one that should aid in my fitness journey. I set a new mileage record (since my latest comeback) and got in two long runs this week.

I ordered a Husafell stone from Titan Fitness and it came in Friday. When I got in from my run, Fed EX had dumped it in the front yard. Really, there was my package in the middle of the front yard. Penny pitched a fit about that, but really it was alright. If he had left it on the porch, I would have had a heck of a time getting it off. The stone weighs 110 pounds empty. It is hollow with the top open, shaped like that stone near Husafell, Iceland, so it's loadable. You can dump plates or whatever in there to make the thing weight whatever you want it to weight. A Husafell stone is a strongman implement. These things are often used in strongman competitions and of course in strongman training. I loaded the stone into the back of my pickup. Wow. I felt those quadriceps big time, and my whole back. This thing is going to be instrumental in making me stronger.

I ate a salad, rested, then went to the gym. It was time for a pull session. I did seated rows, pull ups, chin ups, and the Swim Pull. It was one very solid day of training and working out in what felt like fall weather was wonderful. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment