Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Shuffling the Deck

John called Monday evening and wanted to know what time we were swimming Tuesday morning. It really ticked me off because first, he already knows what time, and second, I'm pretty sure the only reason he wanted to double check was so he could be sure to be late. He was. That kind of thing gets old. I swam

1,100
8 X 100 @ 2:05
300 medium paddles
8 X 50 @ 1:09
400 small paddles
total: 3,000 yards = 2,742 meters

I only shuffled 2.65 miles and I immediately went to Plate City and started leg work. Usually I do leg work on Wednesday. My split is push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs/off. That is what I have settled into and it works for me. This week, however, Penny is off Friday which means we might be going to Jackson. For that reason, I did my long run Monday, and Tuesday I did leg work at the gym. It took me years to figure out when to work legs and how to program it with running a lot of miles (running a lot of miles being contextual, of course). I finally figured the day after my long runs works best. I can hit them pretty hard and the day after the leg weights, they will be a little bitty bit more recovered for running than the day I worked them. One more easy day and then they are ready.

So I will do pulling Wednesday. Tuesday I squatted for four sets, did one set of reverse hypers, two sets of leg curls, and one set of leg extensions. I also worked my neck, which I have long intended but often forgotten.

Hence it was a three-workout day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment