Tuesday, October 22, 2019

New Week

Unlike most people, I like Mondays. I like my job, I like starting over, and I like to train. Training, as well as the rest of my life, starts afresh and anew every Monday morning. This Monday, however, was not like most.

It was like most in the way it started. I met John at the pool early, or I was at the pool early and he came in later. I swam

1,600 32:26 (2:01)
10 X 50 @ 1:03
700 medium paddles
350 small paddles
total: 3,150 yards = 2,879 meters

My work day was also typical. After work is where things were different. First, I had to take River to the vet. He has almost doubled in size since he was there last, going from three pounds and fourteen ounces to six pounds and eight ounces. Doc also commented that he "is well endowed." That means, in part, that me might get aggressive and we hope to make it to six months before he is neutered. Second, it was raining frogs and tadpoles almost all day. I usually do a long run on Monday, but the rain and the third element, Over 60s, made that problematic. I settled on a four-mile run. Then it was Plate City, and then off to eat fish in Itta Bena. On the bench, I pushed

11 X 95
6 X 115
5 X 130
5 X 130
5 X 130
5 X 130
5 X 130

On the dumbbell over head press, I hit

10 X 25
5 X 30

For the triceps push down, I got

33 X 30
23 X 35
15 X 40

Despite eating too much food at the gathering, it was a good day and night. I always enjoy Over 60s. This time we played bingo. I guess you are old when you think Bingo is a really swell night. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment