Saturday, October 19, 2019

Friday

It was a big day Friday. Fridays usually are. I slept in, drank lots of coffee, and spent time with the cats. Then John and I met at the pool a little after 10:00.This was Virtual Meet 2. Since Jay Unver is doing an article on that, I will only give the basics of my swim. I swam

1,100
300 for time (4:26)
250 easy
100 for time (1:20)
275 easy
600 for time (9:16)
400 small paddles
4 X 50 medium paddles
100 small paddles
total: 3,325 yards = 3,039 meters

That's a pretty good practice right there. I don't care who you are.

I went home and took some nutrition and tried to rest. It was then time for my run. I went straight out Money Road and back for 10.15 miles. That's a good run right there. I even did some multi-pacing. At three miles, I threw in a fast .25 (9:13 pace); at 5.08 miles, I went 2.05 miles at 10:40 pace. After that, I shuffled home like an old man. 

Someone was supposed to show up at 4:15 to work out with me. He didn't make it. I waited until 4:35 and then went to the gym alone. That's the thing about fooling with other people. You're always waiting. I never waited when I had Trevor. I miss him terribly. But I have worked out alone most of my life so I guess I can keep doing it. I did pulling, lots of it, and then called it a day. One day, three workouts, one tired old man. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment