Monday, October 14, 2019

More Records

More Records
By Jay Unver

(Lehrton, Mississippi) Zane Hodge has been at it again setting strength records at Plate City Gym for the Association of Sports Strongmen, a new subsidiary of Big ASS Endurance.

"Heck, the record book is wide open so I am going to fill it up," Hodge said at Plate City during a recent interview.

Besides the bench press records he set a few weeks ago, he recently set a new Military press record: 70 pounds for four reps.

"I don't mean to be disrespectful," I told him, "but that doesn't sound too impressive."

"Well, it beats what Randy Beets has done."

"And what has Beets done?" I asked.

"Nothing," he shot back sounding a bit perturbed. "The records have to start somewhere. So the military press record starts at 70 pounds. Heck, I am a small sixty-three year old endurance athlete. The fact that I am lifting at all and doing strongman stuff is a bit odd, I think you will agree."

"Oh, no doubt," I added. "And what is this I hear about a hussy feld stone?"

"Husefell," he corrected me and spelled it. "I only recently acquired this strongman implement. I set the inaugural record for the Husefell carry at 110 pounds for ten feet."

"Well, I suppose you'll want to work that one up too," I suggested.

"Of course," Hodge answered. "It will be fun and give me something to do while Beets gets off by beating me on sprints in the pool."

No comments:

Post a Comment