Thursday, October 24, 2019

Alley Workout

Wednesday was a normal day. That meant I had some time to train. It was abnormal, however, in that John was at the pool on time. Not only that, but he was early. When I drove up, he was in his car waiting. What?!?!?! I started in the pool with

2,000 40 :18 (2:00)
2 X 150 @ 3:15
75 h/25 e
600 medium paddles
total: 3,000 yards = 2,742 meters

I had planned an alley workout, the first one in a while, a long while, maybe a year. Alley workouts are sort of a blend of crossfit and strongman. It has been so hot for so long that to even think of one would almost make me throw up. Now that it has cooled, I have been thinking. I decided on

dead lifts
squats
ropes
run

The ropes send my heart rate through the roof. That is the reason I chose that move just before the run. My heart rate would be high, my breathing out of control, and lactic acid coursing through my body. In that condition, I would run around the block, having to recover while I ran. The plan was for four rounds.

I did two.

Sissy.

This is when and why you need a training partner. It's difficult to do the really tough stuff alone. I tapped out after two rounds even though the second time through was easier than the first.

But I did workout out.

After the ally workout, I did some extra squats, 2 X 95, 1 X 100, and 1 X 105. Then I mowed the front lawn and went inside for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment