Sunday, October 13, 2019

Second Saturday

Second Saturday was a slow-start day. I slept late, drank coffee, and petted cats. I love this. My body needs this. My mind needs this. My soul needs this. It was a huge relief just to know that I was not going to run, and I was not going to swim. I love those things, but absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Also, we are knee deep in the college football season. I don't watch basketball anymore. I don't watch pro football anymore. My passion for college football, however, has never been higher. At 11: 00 a.m., I watched Mississippi State embarrass the poorest, fattest, most unhealthy state in the union. One more time. We lost to the worst team in the SEC, Tennessee. Well, maybe WE are the worst team in the conference. Losing is one thing. Helping the enemy beat you is another. I am tired of another.

At 2:30 the Alabama game came on. I watched the first half of it and then went to the gym. Saturdays at the gym are always a little different. It is my second and hardest leg day of the week. It is also the day I do overhead barbell presses and a bunch of other stuff. I played with my new Husafell stone for the first time. I carried it ten feet. More to come.

LSU versus Florida came on at 7:00. This was the marquee game of the week. With LSU being ranked number five in the country and Florida ranked number seven, I was excited to see if LSU was as good as advertised. They passed the test, besting Florida by a score of 42 - 28 in a hard fought game that was entertaining to watch. 

Then it was time for bed. Another good day come and gone. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment