Thursday, October 3, 2019

Wednesday

It was a big day. I swam 5,000 meters to get awakened and get hungry for breakfast. A swim always does the trick. That pool session took me to 16,000 meters for just three days. How about that? 

After work, I went home a rested. We had the Moorhead 5K at 4:00., and I was tired from all the swimming and the 5K Tuesday. I have already written a separate report on the Moorhead race. I enjoyed it much and beat my time from the day before by about two minutes. How about that?

When I got home from Moorhead, I went to Plate City because it was leg day. I did four sets of squats and one set of leg presses. In addition to that, I did two sets of leg curls, two sets of reverse hypers, and one set of leg extensions. I have made a commitment to not missing my squats. I need them. If I am ever to get back anywhere near where I was running wise, it is going to involve me staying healthy, losing more weight, and building my leg strength. For some reason, I shy away from leg work and core work. The other, not so much. How about that?

I had my coaching sessions, the boys first, and Brad afterwards. I swam with Brad for my fourth workout of the day. I did 1,200 yards which equals 1,096 meters and gave me a total of 6,096 for the day and 17,096 for the week. How about that?

Thank you, Jesus, for some good health and some good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment