Friday, October 11, 2019

Slipped Slump

If Wednesday morning was a slump, Thursday morning was a slipped slump, a slump's slump, a championship slump. I did manage to get some yardage in, but the quality was lacking, "the thrill was gone," and my friends Mo and Joe had left town. Scratch that, they left the country. I was tired. I swam

1,300
200 small paddles
100 pull
250 medium paddles
150 large paddles
total: 2,000 yards = 1,828 meters

I love Thursdays because the weekend starts at 12:05. I went home after work and took a much needed nap before driving to Wade Road. I simply wanted out of town, and the idea of running on dirt was pulling me. I only did 3.1 miles, but it was all on turn rows. The temperature was 89, hot but not that killing hot we had all of July, August, and September.

At Plate City it was rep push day. I went out there a few minutes after 5:00 and with a cloud over, it felt cool. I benched

17 X 95
13 X 100
12 X 105
14 X Swiss bar plus 20, incline
7 X Swiss bar plus 40, incline

Overhead dumbbell press

10 X 25

Triceps push down

31 X 30

Dumbbell overhead walk

approximately 100 feet

That last item, the overhead dumbbell walk is something I picked up on YouTube. I learn a lot there and gets bunches of ideas. I got this one from my favorite YouTuber, Brain Alsruh. He has the best content on the channel. He suggested trying that for improving overhead pressing as it forces the shoulder to constantly re-stabilize. I felt some fatigue in there, inside the shoulders. I was very conservative and will remain so because of all the swimming I do. I think this could be good for my shoulder health. It could also lead to injury if I push it too hard. So slow and easy is the word.

It was a good day. God was kind. He always is. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment