Thursday, October 17, 2019

Wednesday

I'm still trying to get back into the swing of quality swimming. I'm not a morning person, which is part of the problem. I am also not a sprinter , which exacerbates things. We gravitate towards the things we are good at and away from our weaknesses. Wednesday morning I swam

1,400 29:12 (2:04)
5 X 100
700 small paddles
300 medium paddles
total: 2,900 yards = 2,650 meters

Well, that's not a lot of quality, but I took a stab at it.

After work and after a nap, I went out for a shuffle and did 2.72 miles. It was cool, and I ran without my FuelBelt making me feel light and fit. My pace was a little quicker. Now instead of being extremely slow, I am just slow.

Having missed Tuesday's gym work, I was anxious to hit Plate City. I did both workouts, my legs and pull for the upper body. I did four sets of squats in addition to the reverse hyper, leg curls and leg etensions, five sets of one-armed bent rows, some pull ups, and the Swim Pull. In addition to all of that, I set a new Big ASS record on the Husafell stone. I loaded a 2.5 pound plate it it, bringing the total weight to 112.5 pounds, and I carried it twelve feet. Eat your heart out Randy Beets.

So a three-workout day and one that saw me set a new record. I like the Husafell. It is like doing squats, dead lifts, and bent rows all in one. I plan to work with it two to three times per week until I get strong and can carry the thing at least fifty feet. Thank you, Jesus. It's nice to have goals and things to be excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment