Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Fall Fell

Words cannot express how much I enjoyed yesterday. It started with a swim in the small pool. Since it was lightning at 4:45 a.m., John and I went indoors. I swam 

1,800
300 small paddles
4 X 50 medium paddles
200 small paddles
7 X 50 large paddles
150 small paddles
300 easy
total: 3,300 yards = 3.016 meters

The high temp Monday was 71 degrees. With overcast skies and a light breeze, it looked and felt like winter. Since Penny is going to be off work this Friday (my usual long run day), I thought maybe I should long run Monday. But I was unsure how my legs would respond since I shuffled fourteen miles just last Friday. I decided to load my pack up and head out and let my legs dictate how far I ran. 

I went straight out Money Road. With the cool temp, I didn't have to worry about the lack of shade. My legs felt good, so my target distance kept moving, from six to ten to fourteen. I wound up shuffling 14.39 miles, and I enjoyed it. I have been surviving my runs waiting on what we finally got, some cooler weather. It was worth the wait. 

I wasn't wasted when I got home. I took some nutrition and went to Plate City. It was nice back there. I benched

16 X 95
8 X 110
8 X 110
8 X 110
8 X 110

Then I did three sets of dumbbell overhead presses and three sets of triceps push downs. It a a full and good day of work and training. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment